Financial Advisor to Lender Group
- Business Assessment and Valuation
- Secured Lender Advisory
PATTON BOGGS LLP
- Performed financial assessment of the firm under multiple scenarios
- Negotiated forbearance agreement with the firm
- Monitored weekly operational and financial activity
- Assessed strategic alternatives for the lender group
DSI was engaged as the financial advisor to the lender group to a global law firm based in Washington, DC. At the time, the firm operated with over 300 lawyers and was a leading global law firm consistently ranked in the AmLaw 100.
DSI’s efforts in connection with the assignment included providing analysis and advice to the lender group on a number of issues including valuation of collateral, negotiating forbearance agreements, monitoring the law firm’s performance, and evaluating multiple scenarios such as operating status quo, refinancing the firm, downsizing the firm, merging with another firm, while handicapping the likelihood of a successful outcome for our client in an out of court workout or in a bankruptcy. DSI advised the lender group through one of the more complex law firm mergers in recent memory resulting in payment in full to our client.